Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So much for that time saving trick!

That was my entering option #2 for Spanish when calling a large business or governmental agency.

I had found that by choosing #2 for Spanish it usually gave me almost instant verbal contact with a customer service person who could also speak English, whereas in most cases choosing #1 for English resulted in long minutes to being told again and again how easy it was to use their web site and how important my call was to them.

That is not the case any more as even choosing option #1 for English they will often connect you with a ELL that suffers from a limited education.

But then, they are doing a job I would likely refuse. That to claim I could speak a foreign language when I could not.

Its an old fashioned thing I have about honesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter