Monday, May 07, 2007

I think I have it!

That being the difference between what is a Problem and . . .
what is an Issue.

Example:

Back in the 70's when we had our first Gas Shortage and prices
shot up as a result from $.40 cents a gallon to near $.70 and we
had odd and even days on which we could buy some gas, and
then had to be early . . . now that was a Problem.

Whereas today, when Gas Prices are nearing $4.00 a gallon
because of a shortage, we don't need to wait, we can have all the
gas we want . . . now that is only an Issue!

Golly, I'm glad I finally have that understood.

Here I thought the new word use was a product of the feminist
movement efforting to eliminate negative words and I was very
worried that real men would start misusing the word Issue.

But this raises another question. Is using only one square of Tissue
only an Issue yet becomes a Problem when you need more?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUH It's not a problem because you're not supposed to be driving, you're supposed to ride your bicycle on the 15 mile trip to work!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter