Saturday, April 28, 2007

Help Wanted!

I see yet another employment ad for Bi-lingual Delivery Route Driver.

My first thought was those businesses selling to grocery stores having need for delivery drivers who are able to converse with the growing number of Mexican store owners.

But then, I recalled some years ago my talking with two Portland area beverage delivery drivers when I inquired as to why I was seeing more of them working in pairs. They explained it was a for security reasons.

I then followed with, "what, are that many people wanting to steal Pepsi?" The answer was something like; no, its more their being White in a Black neighborhood and often carrying large amounts of cash.

Ah hah! I must admit that on occasion I have been quite interested in what was being said in Spanish while I was visiting a Mexalem Mini-market.

Imagine yourself working as a Beer Delivery Driver in Woodburn or Mexalem and not understanding what the many Spanish speaking loiterers are saying.

1 Comments:

Blogger ZOG said...

Allen,
I would like to get your help in getting the word out about the Northwest Conservatives Forum. I think it could be a great central hub for all of us to get together, share ideas, and organize. Liberals are good at organizing, that's how then get where they are today. Let's use that same tactic. If we do, we have an advantage, common sense and logic.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter