Sunday, April 29, 2007

Is that right?

I notice when watching local TV I see a major Tire Center Chain is often running commercials asking us to visit one of their many stores.

And, I notice that during the commercial they show us vids of their "Diverse Employee Group" with many welcoming us to stop in and buy something and as I recall with some their spoken English was not quite perfect. No problema!

Then I happen to surf through the Spanish Only TV channel and see another commercial by the same Tire Center Chain that looks much different. What's this?

Gone is the Diversity I saw on the English speaking channel. Now, everybody seems to be 'Of Color' and they are all spewing a similar welcome greeting however its in perfect Spanish.

So where is the Gringo speaking Spanish with a bad English accent?

What, are they denying Spanish Only TV viewers an equally Diverse commercial experience.

Is that inappropriate or just wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter