Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Question answered!

I recall several Summers back it was my pleasure to learn of my wife's nephew being employed at the National brand paint store where I purchase most of my professionally needed supplies.

This gave me confidence in knowing any deliveries would be on-target and if needed I had someone to call on that could give me personal attention. This is not something one can't often expect with such National organizations.

He was great at the job and it was good knowing the success of this boy that lettered in all his high school sports and could easily pull high 3's in GPA. The kid had things going for him and this Summer employment was to help with his financial resources needed for college.

He came back the second Summer and quickly moved up the seniority pole with now giving directions to others who were delivering my orders.

But then this Summer he didn't return to the job. I asked in the family what had happened to his vacation employment, however nobody was able to give me much of an answer so I wrote it off to foolish youth.

Today, I decided to drop by the store rather than place a phone order and once there I was able to understand what had happened.

Half of the staff was Hispanic as were 75% of the customers and if I had been blind I would have sworn from all the conversation that I was in Mexico.

It was easy to see where a 6'2", 190 pound, blond haired, 19 year old boy may not have fit well with the group that was assembled there today.

Bilingual he is not! Unemployed he is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter