Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sorta like the Good Old Days!

I dropped by my local Jiffy Lube better than a week ago and was greeted by a service tech who explained that I was facing a 45 minute delay and that I was welcome to wait, however he wanted me to know as I might have a better way to spend that time.
Needless to say I was blown away as had that been Les Schwab Tires I would have been given the old "about 20 minutes" routine as they are known for that BS even when the first snow is just starting to fall. I decided to return on another day then found other positive changes in the service Jiffy Lube provides.
Amazing, there was no hard over-sell, the staff was a bit older and went about their work a most professional manner. Yep, no more fist fights in the pits.

They triple checked the oil level after refilling my cars crankcase and that proved to be routine as others enjoyed the same level of service.
I even noticed as one of the service techs installed a bottle of oil or perhaps additive into another customers car and as he shook and mixed the contents thoroughly just as I assume the instructions directed. No, he wasn't aware of my watching his activity and he wasn't just killing time as he put a lot of energy into shaking that container.
Not only that, the office was cleaner that I have seen it before and the coffee was excellent.
Yes, I pinched myself and I wasn't dreaming.
Thanks again to the crew at Jiffy Lube in the 3200 block of Commercial St. SE here in Salem. You have restored my faith in the belief that a little economic downturn can turn-up the quality of services rendered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter