Sunday, October 22, 2006

Diversity I can embrace!!

Over the past few years I have noticed that when needing any handy-man help the number of classified ads for businesses offering such services was declining at a rapid rate and today I can only find a comparative a few.

This was troubling with not knowing where had all the Good Guys gone. Did all the Illegal Aliens run them out of business?

Now, I am finding that I had only been partially correct. Yes the majority have been driven out by the Illegals, however many are still offering the same services but now as part of the Business Sub-culture. Monkey see, monkey do!

Many have shed the business name, shed the expensive business phone listing, shed the yellow pages, shed the business license, shed the Builders Board required bond & insurance and as a result are now are able to compete well with the Illegal Aliens.

Yippee, as now with asking around the neighborhood I can find folks to help with paint work, gutter cleaning and carpentry repairs for a good deal less.

And, I don't need to deal with people who pretend their not understanding my language is a good excuse for poor quality or incomplete work. No comprende, BS!!

Perhaps now (as it was many years ago) I can find people to fix my sprinkler system without having to pay for their bevy of State Certifications and replace a toilet without having to pay the City their New Fixture fee.

Now, this is the kind of Diversity I can embrace!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter