Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Absolutely Amazing!

Tonight a Portland TV News reporter came to us live from the scene of an earlier and horrific head-on car accident that had occurred on 99E.

This is when she told us of a teenage girl that is being charged with a felony in relation to the accident, and that due to her using a Cell Phone while driving.

As the reporter was picking through the bits of shattered car parts left strewn about the roadside, she happened to uncover a badly damaged Cell Phone (or parts of) which she I suspect she (as I) assumed was a remainder of the earlier accident.

I don't know who's Cell Phone that was, but wouldn't you expect our Crack Traffic Accident Investigation Teams (the folks that like to close highways for countless hours on end and who I am told document and account for every grain of sand so they might later "reconstruct the scene") would have found it?

And, how can they "reconstruct the scene" if they leave that many mangled car parts behind in the tall grass?

All this helps build my suspicion these "Traffic Accident Investigation Teams" are more of an over-time builder than an effort of picking up the pieces to a puzzle.

Who knows, perhaps both drivers should be charged with a felony if it were found that both were talking on Cell Phones at the time of collision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have long been annoyed at the hours of delay to motorists caused by accidents on I-5. I'm very doubtful that it's all necessary to measure skidmarks and so on. As far as I can tell, no consideration is being given to the enormous inconvenience to hundreds of the long-suffering public.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter