Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Capitol Steps never looked so good!

Just came back from the Rally staged on the Capitol steps where I shared the area with what I would guess were 250+ others of like concern about Illegal Immigration. A well mannered group in all.

OFIR was responsible for the gathering and that to honor the Minute Men organization which has done so much to bring the subject of Illegal Immigration to National attention. http://www.oregonir.org/

It was a very good thing with talk show host Victoria Taft of KPAM 860 Portland, another talk show host from KPNW of Eugene who were both excellent speakers along with others including Oregon's #1 conservative blogger, Daniel of www.danielisright.blogspot.com who also presented himself very well.

Everybody should take note of Daniel as he and his wife Veronica make a great team that will certainly bring Oregon good things in the future.

What I enjoyed the most was the "Class Act" that was presented without the Ugly Liberal Fanfare as I often see in such political events. I was proud to be seen in such good company.

The most amazing part was the absence of News people as I saw no TV cameras or reporters otherwise taking in the event. So, don't look for any of this on the 5:00 PM News. I guess a peaceful gathering without angry confrontation doesn't interest the news assignment managers.

I ask you all to join one of these OFIR events as soon as possible. You will be rewarded by knowing you have done something to help the Immigration problem and feel safer than standing in line outside of a Salem cinema.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

It was nice to see you there Allen. Thanks for the kudos but I certainly don't claim to be #1. I'm a concerned citizen just like you and everyone else who had the heart to come out on a rainy saturday. Everyone who was there should be proud!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Localfella said...

Daniel, its my book ya see and its in ink.

6:50 PM  
Blogger TheDuncan said...

Allen and Daniel,
It was great to be part of the rally on Saturday. I want to thank you both for your efforts. Allen, I am also one of the converts. As the liberals press their agenda with judges and un-elected public offcials that are not accountable, we get along guys can no longer afford to just " get along". Becuase I can not get along with what the liberls in our government are doing. You have both inspired me to to start a blog Plaidtothebone , but I will not be able to muse as well as you two. But hopefully those of us "get along guys" can at least show our support for your efforts.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter