Wednesday, October 07, 2009

My continuing education!

Dropped into my bank to deposit a check today and with the same teller as last month and she asks if I have my debit card with me and if so to please swipe it through the key pad.

I do this and now it wants my PIN, so I ask what this is all about and then learn its a new procedure to make the transaction simpler, faster and to better protect my account.

Then I ask how much simpler, faster and safer will it be than giving her a check made out to me, with a deposit slip in my name and my face now staring back at her from the computer monitor?

She then ran through a series of nonsense answers to which I told her I wasn't buying one bit, and then she tells me that in her opinion that it was better for me now.

Next came the truth and I hope she appreciates how her playing the game will bring about the end of her career in banking.

You see, I needn't come into the bank to deposit a check any longer as any of their many ATMs would allow me to conduct the exact same transaction with basically following the same simple steps I had just completed.

The rub here is the check I had given her was hand written by a person with penmanship one degree better than mine and I'm not bragging.

Hope their data processing system has a wild imagination or will I need to wait at the ATM for Raddish in Bombay to come on the line and verify my numerical entries?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter