Sunday, July 13, 2008

Everybody is Getting on the Bandwagon

Strawberries at my local seasonal sales stand last year sold for $2.00 a box (or hallock/pint) or so the help there reminded me.
Two weeks ago they were selling for $2.50 a box. Nice jump.
Today, the same stand and with the same quantity of Strawberries on display and they were selling for $4.00 a box.
Wow, that new improved price must include a national Exxon Tax?
They explained the price increase with "its getting towards the end of the season" and that fact was obvious in the quality of the berries on display.
Quality down, prices up. Didn't GM, Ford and Chrysler do that back in the 70's with help from the UAW and the Equal Opportunity folks?
Guess the increases are the result of higher fuel costs just as I found at Walgreen's where in a week the price of Chapstick shot up by 25%.
I'm still keeping my eye on the price of Elmer's glue as it is going to be brutal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter