Friday, December 07, 2007

I called PGE today

That's Portland General Electric, my Public Utility power service provider.
It was without a doubt the Most Pleasant Telephone On-Hold experience in my life.
The menu was short and sweet, but that was just the start.
The recording only once mentioned my ability to contact them via the www. Only once, mind you.
And, the recording soon ended with giving me an estimated wait time.
And then it began! Silence at its best.
No music, no helpful hints, no reminders about the www service potential and not once did they tell me how much they loved me and/or to never pick up a downed power line.
Blissful Silence only interrupted on rare occasion to remind me that calls are taken in order received, and that was all.
I could feel my blood pressure dropping at a time when I expected it to peak.
This quiet interlude actually allowed me to go about other tasks without my having to keep an ear tuned in anticipation of hearing a little human voice breaking through the hold music.
My praise to PGE!
My only hope is this wonderful experience was the result of someone's intent and purpose, not the result of the recent wind storm that knocked out PGE services to much of Oregon in the last week.
If you find out otherwise, please don't tell me whilst I bask in the satisfaction

1 Comments:

Blogger MAX Redline said...

That's an excellent experience, I'd say! No elevator music, no "Your call is really important to us" - no crap, in other words.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter