Sunday, January 28, 2007

Spice Drops!

One of my more favorite candies.

All kinds of different colors and flavors to enjoy.

They have Green ones, Red ones, Yellow ones, Orange ones, Black ones, White ones . . . but no Blue ones. Perhaps we aren't ready for Blue Spice candy just yet, but then M&M's and some gum drops are Blue.

What I find interesting is with all this Diversity I am never able to find any one Flavor that I prefer . . . that much more than another.

All except for the Red ones, yuk. Those I despise! Clove flavor isn't right in candy, but I can see it used as an insect repellent.

In my book Clove flavoring in a bag of candy is as foreign as people speaking Spanish in a theater when the movie is in English. What are they a bunch of fruits there to Feel the Emotion?

So what do I do with the Red ones? They go in the garbage, what else?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to our friends at Mars (M&M's), you now have to qualify by saying, "In Nature" as in, "In nature, there are no blue foods."

No, Blueberries don't count because they're not really blue they're purple. And, while some people do eat molds, spores and fungus it’s not mainstream and the blue molds are still more of a green or aqua marine.

I find that good candy has a naturally harmonious blending ability. Fine chocolate only enriches the caramel or mint experience and so on.

When I find candy that won’t blend well with others, it’s history and I never give it another opportunity to debase my mouth.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter