Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Have any doubts, just ask Saddam.

Many claim that President Ford's pardon of Richard (Tricky Dick) Nixon allowed the Nation to Heal and it was a good thing letting him escape punishment, but I'm not so sure.

It was soon after Nixon's pardon that I began to notice how it became acceptable for some to "Violate Laws" and nothing was ever done about it.

One of my first concerns came in the mid 70's when all City, County and State Law Enforcement failed to make any attempt to stop, reduce or arrest the teenagers who set up shop at a public park near our home and began selling LSD and Pot.

Two chemical agents that were then causing problems for me in my profession where both short and long term memories were prerequisite for employment. I found myself having to fire employees who had become less valuable due to their use of Illegal drugs and replacing them became much more difficult.

The Public Park that had been an attraction to my wife and I when considering purchase of our then residence, suddenly became a magnet for drug using losers who gathered there almost every afternoon and evening.

The result was we moved in hopes of finding somewhere our children could grow without such exposure and interference, only to find such a place only existed in our memories.

Today, I see how even traffic lights are ignored as are speed limits, tax laws are scoffed, our borders are being violated, shop lifting is rampant, assaults are common as are hit-and-run drivers, employee theft is everywhere, cars are stolen, dead babies are being dumped in back yards, bullet ridden bodies are found abandoned in the streets, homes are burglarized and now some are being invaded when innocent residents are held hostage if not murdered.

Since Nixon's departure from office our respect for Law and Order has all but disintegrated and I for one can now look back and see how allowing him to rise above it may well have been the beginning of our end.

Nobody is above the law. Have any doubts, just ask Saddam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter