Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm sorry, but everywhere I turn I see more government waste and it screams out to me.


Yesterday afternoon I was out for a bike ride and rode past the now abandoned Oregon School for the Blind and noticed that while all the students have been relocated the Building and Grounds crew were busy as usual and even sprinkling the lawn.

I thought closing the school was a economic decision as the old buildings were in disrepair, not worth rebuilding and it was sitting on some prime property that was screaming for redevelopment. Perhaps for some use like the Salem Hospital which stands immediately next door or Willamette University with property across the street.

Get the bull dozers ready!

So, the Blind students and their teachers were transferable but now what to do with the building and maintenance staff?

Did the Union demand the State keep them on the payroll . . . derelict buildings or not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter