Saturday, November 28, 2009

True Confession!

I did it. Back in the early 60s, what was then the Commercial Bank of Salem undertook a remolding of the building and for a first time that I ever knew placed two small structures on their parking lot for use as temporary drive-up teller positions. Imagine that, Drive-up Banking started here in Salem. Could it be??

Sorry, I could not resist the fact the two small wooden structures that were just large enough for one person to sit on a stool, looked all the part as out-houses and it was my calling to make a late night visit and with using an aerosol can of Krylon I signed them "His" and "Hers."

Yep, to the best of my knowledge the Commercial Bank was #1 with Drive-up Banking and I the first Tagger.

As I recall my tagging work made it into the newspaper, but then how could it not with being visible across the street from the Statesman's front door. Things sure haven't changed much there, have they?

Oh yes, the Commercial Bank is long gone and some say I may outlive the Statesman/Journal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter