Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Guess I didn't need to know!

While killing time on a break from Jury Duty, I decided to investigate the County Courthouse that has been remodeled since I was last there.

That was when I spotted a flat panel HD-TV hanging on the wall of the Sheriff's Office waiting room.

Ah hah! With the waiting room empty and my wanting to learn how the stock market was doing, I asked the clerk hiding behind bullet-proof glass if it was possible to change the channel to CNBC just for a minute.

Her answer was an empathic . . . NO!

Sensing her being more than a little committed to the present selection of CNN I went to the extreme and suggested that Fox Cable News might also be a good choice for balance.

To that she snidely responded with a smirk-ish grin, "we like CNN."

Minutes later I spotted another flat panel HD-TV hanging on another wall in another courthouse room and darned if it wasn't also tuned to CNN.

Do you ya suppose CNN is mentioned in the Union Contract?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter