Friday, September 26, 2008

All in good time!

The statue of Oregon's former Governor Tom McCall was dedicated today in Salem's Riverfront park.
There was a steady stream of visitors while I was there early this afternoon, but no ceremony.
Some were asking others if anybody knew when the ceremony was to occur with expecting as I to catch it about 1:00 PM.
That was when we learned the Dedication was at 10:30 AM this morning (Friday) and I questioned why didn't they hold the event on Saturday afternoon when more people could attend.
Then came the answer. Friday AM was the best time during the week to gather Public Officials and Friday afternoon was equally as difficult as Saturday.
Silly me. Guess I need to start thinking like a Public Servant.
P.S. Most visitors were wondering how long the Bronze fishing pole would last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter