Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday's Charade plays on!


I suspect its been six months since persons using a State Owned Vehicles (signage and license indicating State owned) began delivering the StatesmanJournal's Weekly Shopper rag (door-to-door) every Wednesday in my Salem neighborhood.

With counting the visits to this Blog I suspect by now thousands of Oregonians (including elected State officials) have become aware of this tragic situation where those who I believe are staff with a State Agency use a Mentally Disabled person as a Dupe in their efforts to support a privately owned and profit making business, while also creating work for themselves (State employees) who otherwise may not have any other purpose.

Yet they continue on each Wednesday with their Charade without any concern as to public or political outcry.
Personally, I couldn't sleep knowing how I had exploited a person with the mental capacity equal to what I estimate a Six Year Old, violated the public's trust while also squandering public money and doing so week after week, for months on end.
As for me, my pillow remains soft and I sleep well simply by telling of what I see as abuse, knowing that in time this Charade will end and hope it simply doesn't morph into another like opportunity for exploitation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Cool said...

Allen,
Aren't these the same guy's delivering the paper in Keizer???
How can I help to expose this?
Keep up the good work!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Localfella said...

Joe,

I have seen other three person teams delivering in other parts of Salem and again using State owned rigs.

Who knows how many are working this goose?

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter