Thursday, November 30, 2006

"Jew habb er juice."

As my wife was sitting on the edge of her hospital bed preparing for a ride home, an aide pointed to her and asked me, "jew habb er juice."

I asked her back, "juice" when she responded with, "no, er juice, juice juice" and angrily pointing to her own shoes. Ah hah, it seems we have a Language Barrier again!

This reminds of a time past when in the hospital, my wife had just been gingerly transferred to her bed by two hefty aides, who when leaving activated the nurse call button for others to come and assist in getting her comfortably settled following a serious spinal surgery.

That was when a Nursing Aide Student swept into her room and upon finding her lying on her side and curled in a fetal position, she picked her up under both arms, tossed her up on the bed, flipped her over like a sack of feed and yanked her legs out straight while all the time my wife was screaming "my back, my back" to which the Student Aide explained . . . "no bath senora, no bath."

Then some wonder why I'm not all that excited about "Embracing Diversity" without reservations.

English Only damit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter